Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday, April 20th

Hi everybody,

9s:
Today was our day for script-writing, and moving on to the next stage of our film project. We had great fun, reading aloud a chapter and acting it out. Now it's time for you to put your talents behind the camera, and see what you can do.
Trailer Project Due: Monday, April 30th

11s:
Today, we had a fun start to our poetry unit with Sarah Kay's innovative TED talk, which can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0snNB1yS3IE&feature=related

We started making lists of: things I would tell my children, things I know to be true and things I should have learnt by know. I love reading your lists - they are full of great ideas.

We also began looking at literary devices in poetry, and their definitions. I look forward to delving further into poetry with you all.

12s:
We finished presenting and discussed the importance of Katherine's speech in Act V, scene ii. We are nearing the end of this unit, and it is important for you to look back on all we've studied and see how far we've come, and how much the characters have changed.

Have a great weekend!
Ms. J

No comments:

Post a Comment